How to Change Your Default Web Browser
NOTE: If you open a web browser and it isn't the default, it should display a window asking if you want to change the default browser. If you see this in the browser you want as default, click Yes.
If you don't see this window, follow the steps below for the Web browser you want to use as default.
Internet Explorer 8, 9, 10
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Open the Tools menu. Select "Internet Options" at the bottom.
- The Internet Options window will open. Click the Programs tab.
- At the top of this window you'll see a Default Web Browser section. Below you may see, "Internet Explorer is not currently the default web browser."
- Click the "Make Default" button.
- Check the box next to, "Tell me if Internet Explorer is not the default web browser."
- Click OK at the bottom.
- Open Firefox.
- Open the Tools menu. Select "Options…" at the bottom.
- The Options Window will open. Click the Advanced button.
- Under the System Defaults section, you will see this line: "Always check to see if Firefox is the default browser on startup." If the box next to it isn't checked, check it.
- Click the "Check Now" button on the right.
- If Firefox is not your default browser, you will receive a notice asking if you want to change your default browser to Firefox. Click Yes.
- Click OK to close the Options Window. Firefox is now your default browser.
- Open Chrome.
- Click the stack of lines on the top right to open the Options menu.
- Click Settings. The Settings window will open within Chrome.
- At the bottom of this window, you'll see the "Default Browser" section. You may see this line: "Google Chrome is not currently your default browser."
- Click the "Make Google Chrome my default browser" button.
- Click Close.